Monday, January 3, 2011

Hello World!

Woo-hoo!  My first post.  I've been dabbling with sewing for about a year, with no formal lessons.  I'm amazed at how much of a paradigm shift I've experienced with just the few projects I've attempted.  I now look at dresses in the store and observe how the top is attached to the bottom - and if it's hidden with a ribbon, lace, flowers, etc.  I note how pants are hemmed, and what kind of stitches are used.  I'm often blown away at how simply a garment is put together, then appalled at the nerve of the people who charge a ridiculous amout for said garment!  I'm sure I'm not alone when I think of the long list of items I've seen in the stores and said to myself, "I'm not paying for this...I could TOTALLY make this myself!"  (One day, I'll look deep down and admit that time is a factor that can't be ignored, and truly, I do not have time to complete all most of these items.) 

My goal for this blog is to share my experiences with sewing.  The good, bad, and the "wow, that's ugly!"  i.e., My very first Christmas ornament that I determined was fit enough only to use as pin cushion.  Yes, I still have it - it's the only pincushion I own, and it reminds me of just how far I've come!

I have a lot to learn about blogging.  For example, I have no idea how to post a tutorial of projects I've completed, and keep you updated on ones I'm currently working on.  So far, I haven't even seen a link for uploading photos...hmm, much to learn here as well.

I LOVE learning from all walks of life, young and old, experienced and novice alike.  If you have something you'd like to share, I'd love to read about it!

2 comments:

  1. welcome to the world of sewing... you are gonna love it! I have been sewing for years but I too, am new to the blogging world. I can't wait to see your new adventures...please come check me out if you get time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks FlyAwayHome! I finally figured out how to post photos, so I have uploaded my first tutorial. (Eep! So exciting!) I'm looking forward to seeing your site.

    ReplyDelete